Mathematics is a way of understanding, interpreting and describing our world. There are a number of characteristics that define the nature of mathematics, such as change, constancy, number sense, patterns, relationships, spatial sense and uncertainty.
In addition to providing students with math courses that meet their needs and abilities, and prepare them for their future career paths, the math department strives to teach students to solve problems, communicate and reason mathematically, make connections between mathematics and its applications, become mathematically literate, appreciate and value mathematics, and make informed decisions.
|Department Head||Ms. Martinsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Math 8||Ms. Price
|Math 9||Mr. Cune
|Enriched Math 8||Mr. Appletonemail@example.com|
|FMP 10||Ms. Liangfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|FOM 11 - 12||Mr. Dominaemail@example.com|
|AWM 8||Mr. Pricefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|AWM 10-11||Mr. Floresemail@example.com|
|Pre-Calculus 11||Ms. Martinsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pre-Calculus 12||Mr. Floresemail@example.com|
|Calculus 12||Mr. Floresfirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Mathematics 8 - 9
- Accelerated Math 8/9
- This course provides exceptional math students with the opportunity to accelerate their learning and to complete both the Math 8 and 9 curricula in one school year.
- Foundations and Pre-Calculus Math 10
- Calculus 12
- Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 10 - 11
- Foundations of Math 11 - 12
- Pre-Calculus Math 11 - 12
- This course is designed for highly motivated and competent math students planning to take university Calculus courses required by science, engineering, IT and business faculties.
- AP Calculus
- An accredited Advanced Placement course designed to give students additional preparation for both first and second term university Calculus. Successful students may use this exam as credit for first term calculus in university.